Thursday, April 18, 2013

"Sostain L'utopia" a fanzine catalog.


"Sostain L'utopia" was my last project/piece from 2012. It is my first homemade publication created with images of paintings and photographs of my work, beside original silkscreened pages printed by me.
The idea behind this book, was to create a zine catalog as an art piece itself. The book has images of different views from my approach to the idea of utopia and how important is for me to not give up the dream of accomplish happiness and self stability. The title means Sustain the utopia (Sostiene la utopia) and it's a mixed up phrase written in english, spanish and french.
The book is made by Inkjet printing (color & black/white) and printmaking pages. This is a limited edition of 100 copies only, numbered and signed.
For the ones interested, there are still copies available if you want to get yours. Price is $50 (include handling and shipping).



(click on the image to enlarge)

1 comment:

dobie illustrator said...

Nice book Nelson ! You do some amazing work. I found out about you while doing some research on the art and artists of Chile As I am also a mural painter, print maker ( silk screen ), illustrator and airbrush artists / painter based in Vancouver, Canada. Have been thinking of taking a trip to your country next year and was thinking it might be fun to paint a mural while I am there.I have a portfolio blog set up with some of my graphic design and illustration work on it at dobieillustrator.blogspot.ca Maybe you would be interested in painting with me in Chile at some point. I have been in the illustration and design business for 30 years and have also been printing limited edition serigraphs for 30 years as well. you can reach me by email at dobieillustrator@gmail.com or through my blog. Are you still working in the USA ? Be good to visit with you in Chile if you are there at the time of my trip to Santiago. Keep up the great mural work ! Fellow artist, Robert Dobie